- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
- The choices we offer, including how to access and update information.
Information we collect
We collect information in two ways:
- Information you give us. For example, many of our services require you to sign up for a Holdshort Account. When you do, we’ll ask for personal information, like your name, email address, telephone number or credit card.
- Information we get from your use of our services. We may collect information about the services that you use and how you use them, like when you visit a page or use a specific feature. This information includes:
- We may collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number). Holdshort may associate your device identifiers or phone number with your Holdshort Account.
- When you use our system or view or access content provided by Holdshort, we may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This may include:
- details of how you used our service.
- telephony log information like your phone number, calling-party number, forwarding numbers, time and date of calls, duration of calls, SMS routing information and types of calls.
- Internet protocol address.device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
- cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your Holdshort Account.
- Local storage We may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5).
How we use information we collect
The information provided to us will be shared with the Holdshort Subscriber that you may sign-up for or request access to. A Holdshort Subscriber is/are the Aviation Businesses, Flying Clubs, Flight Schools, and other entities which are subscribed to and are utilizing our online Aircraft Scheduling service. We will not share this information with a Holdshort Subscriber unless you specifically request access to their account. Sharing this information will allow the Holdshort Subscriber to identify you within its own account.
We use the information we collect from all of our services to provide, maintain, protect and improve them, to develop new ones, and to protect Holdshort.com's users.
When you contact Holdshort, we may keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
Holdshort processes personal information on our servers in many countries around the world. We may process your personal information on a server located outside the country where you live.
Accessing and updating your personal information
Whenever you use our services, we aim to provide you with access to personal information. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it – unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup systems).
Where we can provide information access and correction, we will do so for free, except where it would require a disproportionate effort. We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
Information we share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of Holdshort unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- With your consent We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Holdshort when we have your consent to do so. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information. Please note that your consent to share personal information is assumed when you request access to a Holdshort Subscriber’s account.
- For legal reasons We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Holdshort if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to: meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Holdshort, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We work hard to protect Holdshort and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We encrypt many of our services using SSL.
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- We restrict access to personal information to Holdshort employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.