New User Registration
Flight Operations Agreement
FARMINGDALE FLYING CLUB
Tasco Aviation Inc
Flight Operations Agreement
1. Each pilot in command operating Farmingdale Flying Club’s (FFC) aircraft must become and stay familiar with the applicable parts of the Federal Air Regulations (FAR) that apply to your flight. These include, but are not limited to parts 61, 91, 77, 135, and 141.
2. On each flight (other than an instructional flight with a FFC approved instructor aboard) as pilot in command you assume all responsibility for the aircraft. Unrecorded discrepancies or damage found on the preflight inspection must be reported to FFC prior to flight, so that an evaluation of the severity of the Discrepancy can be determined. See Maintenance below.
3. The pilot in command must occupy the left seat of all aircraft unless otherwise authorized by FFC. Additionally, only FFC authorized instructors are permitted to instruct in FFC aircraft.
4. Each person in the aircraft must occupy their own seat. Children under two years of age must be in a child seat.
5. Simulated engine failures must only be practiced with an approved FFC instructor aboard the aircraft. Spins are prohibited in FFC aircraft unless the aircraft is certified for spins and spin training has been approved by the FFC in WRITING No exceptions.
6. Flights into high altitude and/or short runway or Grass Field Airports can be dangerous, therefore prior to operating into any runway that is shorter than 3000 ft or any airport higher than 2500 feet density, Must have prior approval by FFC again & In Writing..
7. It is your responsibility to ensure that the aircraft is properly chocked, locked, covered, and tied down after each flight.
8. In the event of a forced or precautionary landing, on or off airport, secure the aircraft and promptly contact FFC for instructions.
9. Record the Hobbs time to the nearest 1/10th on the aircraft log sheet after each flight. I have reviewed the above rental agreement on page One and I understand and will comply with each statement page.
Make and Model specific, Like type but lower performance rated are considered the same, Some Aircraft are equipped with new or complex new Avionics and will require additional training prior to any Rental in them.
1. Sometimes a separate checkout can be waived at the discretion of the FFC if overall experience and recent flight experience merit it.
2. At the discretion of each FFC instructor, and after the initial checkout you may be authorized to fly lower performance airplanes of the same make upon the completion of the handbook exam for each airplane. Additional checkouts may be required for high performance or complex airplanes.
3. A current copy of pilot certificate, medical, pilot logbook, and any other supporting documentation must be kept on file prior to any rental or checkout.
You are responsible for maintaining FAA currency per the FAR 61.56 and 61.57. Club policy will block any reservations if your currency, Night landings, IFR, etc have not been completed in our club aircraft
Reservations for all rental and instructional flights are made through the Scheduling system are currently at: http://www.Holdshort.com/.
Once all documents, Passports, Drivers License, Pilots License, etc all get reviewed & accepted, Transient customers must fund they’re account fully, no fly and pay later for Transient Customers
Overnight & Multi Day Rentals
Monday thru Thursday is a Min 3 hour per day away from base during Biz Hours. Friday – Sunday during Summer beginning Memorial Day” thru “Labor Day” Bookings are broken into Four 3 Hour portions. Those bookings, 7m-10am,
10am-1pm, 1pm-4pm, 4pm-Close Entire day away is 12 hour Minus actual Hobbs. The Remainder will be invoiced at a Dry Rate since no fuel was part of the formula. After Summer Schedule then returns each day is the 3 hour min imum charge.
Rates are base on Fuel costs, any prepayment is good for 30 days, after 30 days if there is any spike or shift in fuel Price the rates will be either adjusted or a Fuel Surcharge will be imposed. Fuel Surcharge’s are Aircraft Specific to the average Gal per hour they consume it and the average price per gal increase we are paying above the price when the rental figure was established.
Beginning May 1 2017 Members may have to start with a Bank of $1000 pending payment ability & building credit within the club.
If you are in a pre pay catagory, When a balance drops to $499.00 We will automatically process another $500 manual swipe to bring your account up to $1000. This process applies to any member who fails to pay promptly and or who’s payment history is not reliable..
Normal policy this does not apply until collecting for any payment becomes difficult. Failure to pay will also Void your FRG Ramp Access Badge. Further payment failure will also bring on Small Claims proceedings.
Splitting Flights FFC must be notified prior to flight for correct accounting. A credit card authorization shall be kept on file for anyone renting aircraft & maintaining an account. No Active Members in bad or poor standing will be able to book any flight with a Low Balance or expired credit card on file. Continued failure to update a Credit Card Authorization form or pay for flight already made will result in Access Badge Deactivation. Exceptions are available, You must contact FFC and explain the situation so mode until situations become resolved ex: (loss of Medical, Loss of Income, etc must call and agreements must be established),
Denial of membership criteria is based on if there has not been any of the following::
1: Bounced Check History
2: Declined Credit Card History
3: Payments in Cash with Counterfeit Currency.
4: Not Updating FFC for Cancelled/Expired or Lapsed Credit Card on File.
Other Flight Bills:
You are solely responsible for all the charges on your flight. Additional charges, sent to Tasco Aviation Inc. weeks or months after a flight will be Deducted from the account holder who generated it. Examples are: Landing, City, State, Town, Departure, Overnight, Storage, Security fees. All rentals are based on wet rates,
Rates are Wet Rental Priced per aircraft chosen to rent. Fuel purchases en route or top off at other airports will be refunded or credited with proper documentation only up to what FFC’s Current Local Fuel Rates Are.
Membership policy is as of 01/01/22 it is $20 per month membership fee, One Time Payment each Year in the month of Jan of $220 and with a month free for paying in one lump sum..
Record any aircraft discrepancies in the book on the comments/squawks side of the Hobbs time sheet. Provide as much detail as needed for maintenance & contact Call/Text/Email FFC to evaluate the issue. Non Airworthy Items are better simply texted to my Cell number. Due to sometimes a non airworthy item may ground a perfectly legal aircraft from flight and even fail someone on a check ride. When in doubt please call me and we Document Grounding items & block the aircraft from further use that way. All Maintenance at 718-757-5098.
Remember that as Pilot in command, you are responsible for the airworthiness of the airplane, and if in doubt, please call and ask.
Reading & Understanding this document.Please read each page thoroughly. Make sure you understand each page before signing. If you have any questions please call me for an explanation so I can help you understand any of the rules & rights as a Member/Customer.